Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dragon Boat Regatta, February 2011

Team USAwesome! Saturday was my first dragon boat regatta participating on the corporate team for the US Embassy.  It was so much fun!  When I came to Australia I was excited to see new things and try new things.  It was an early morning, overcast and cool, and the lake was relatively calm. Paddling in the boat was such a rush.  Hearing the beat of the drum keeping time with our strokes and the cheers of my daughters from the side of the shore was enough to get me to power through it. With only one or two practices together I think we did quite well.  I look forward to the October regatta.  In the picture below, you can see just a little bit of me if you look at the boat in the forefront. I am third from the front on the opposite side.

No comments:

Post a Comment