Monday, October 10, 2011

A Balancing Act

It has been awhile since my last post.  I started working full-time and it has been a bit of a balancing act.  I was in a routine each day of dropping the kids at school, running or going to the gym, having lunch, blogging/facebooking, errands or chores and picking the kids up from school.  But, after eleven months, this routine got a bit old.  Truth is, I enjoy working and so it is good to be back at it.  However, I do miss parts of my daily routine like exercising, blogging/facebooking and picking the kids up at a reasonable hour (now they are in "afters" til 5:15).  I am still trying to figure out the best time to run each day, the house is rarely clean, clothes are not put away and we are cramming in the chores on the weekend.  Recently, I started running a couple days a week during my lunch hour.  This works out pretty good.  I've got great support to do this too.  I work with people who also exercise during the work day.   
Here are some pictures from a hike we took in the bush last weekend.  We came across this really amazing lizard and for the first time, we were swooped by a magpie...a very territorial magpie.  The swooping was unexpected so I do not have a picture of that.   



No comments:

Post a Comment