Monday, May 9, 2011

Chinese Cooking 101 by Chef Maya

Last week I had my first Asian cooking class by Maya.  What fun we had learning how to prepare the vegetables including green onions, bok choy, carrots, ginger and garlic and stuff and fold the pork wontons.  I finally learned how to properly use the bamboo steamer and after the class headed out to the dollar store to purchase one.  The chinese sausages were delicious in both the steamed vegetables (including bok choy and carrots as well as in a bowl of delicious rice noodles.  Maya's tip was to not overdue it when using soy sauce or other sauces so to bring out the natural flavors from the foods.  The steamed vegetables were delicious as were the wontons.  We also enjoyed wonton chicken soup and teriyaki chicken wings that had been slow-cooking for more than 2 hours. 

I am excited to prepare a similar meal for my family just as soon as I can carve out enough time to prepare the wontons.

No comments:

Post a Comment