Friday, April 8, 2011

#53: Half Marathon Weekend

It's here: Half Marathon Weekend.  That's right, I am running the Half.  I just didn't have it in me to withdraw from the race.  I've wanted to run this distance for many years now and after several months of preparing, I just couldn't withdraw.  My race number #53 shows just how eager I was to sign up for this race.  So, I kept at my PT sessions and gradually was able to bring my mileage back up to a respectable distance.  My ITB is less painful, and I have a few more areas of concern, but those are due to the fact that my biomechanics are realigning so its all "good" pain.  I am ready to finish this race. 

I am running (not racing) on Sunday at the ungodly hour of 7 AM. I broke the news to my husband two days ago that we would need to leave the house at 20 minutes before 6.  It's a lot to ask of him and the girls, but I really want them there.

This race has been on my mind all week.  I have so much nervous energy built up inside me.  On Wednesday, I went for a 5 km run around the lake.  I surprised myself when I finished in 26 minutes.  That is fast for me!  Then, on the other side of the spectrum, today I went out for a nice easy run around the ponds in front of our house.  This 3.5 km run was difficult for me to finish and I ran at a slower pace than I've ever run.  This run has me rattled.  I need to remember that I have prepared, and prepared well, for this run, including an 18 km run two Saturdays ago.  I hope today's jaunt released some negative energy from my body. 

Wish me luck on Sunday!  I hope to finish feeling strong and looking good.  Let's hope its not an ugly run.  I also hope to get a good running picture of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment