Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

It is a beautiful sunny Easter morning and I am sitting here listening to the girls going through their Easter baskets (and the neighbor's dog barking - he does that all of the time!).  They are most excited about the jelly stickers, and a bit disappointed to find licorice in some of their Easter eggs.  Easter in Australia began early.  The stores brought out the chocolate eggs over a month ago.  It was challenging to find anything but chocolate in the stores.  My 6 year old doesn't enjoy chocolate all that much so it was a bit tricky to find an alternative.  Yesterday when I was on a run it was strange to see the trees had changed colours to Autumn yellow, orange and red.  I have to remind myself that it is Easter weekend in Autumn.   Christmas in summer was unusual, but I must say this seems even stranger to me.  The weather is gorgeous - 21 degrees C and sunny.  We are joining the Calis for Easter dinner later today.




No comments:

Post a Comment